● 1 cup quinoa
● 1 3/4 cups water
● Kosher salt
● 1 medium avocado
● 2 medium scallions
● 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
● 4 packed cups baby spinach (about 4 ounces)
● 4 large eggs
● 1 cup fermented red cabbage or beet kraut, Eden organics
● 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or fermented coconut yogurt
● 4 teaspoons hemp seeds
● 3 teaspoons of pumpkin seeds
1. Rinse 1 cup quinoa, then place in a medium saucepan. Add 1 3/4 cups water and a
generous pinch of kosher salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook
uncovered until the quinoa is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and
let steam for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, thinly slice 1 avocado and 2 medium scallions.
2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until
shimmering. Add 4 packed cups baby spinach, and cook, tossing frequently, until wilted,
1 to 2 minutes. Divide the spinach between 4 bowls and wipe the pan clean.
3. Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet over medium heat until
shimmering. Add 4 large eggs and season each with a pinch of salt. Cook until the edges
are crisp and the whites are set, about 2 minutes.
4. Divide the quinoa between the bowls and top with each with a fried egg. Divide 1 cup
purple kraut, the avocado slices and scallions, 1 cup Greek yogurt, and 4 teaspoons hemp
seeds among the bowls.