UPDATED JULY 17th - Please visit our Reopening Guide for more information.
Womens Fitness Clubs of Canada is committed to the health and safety of our valued members and community. We are closely monitoring COVID-19 updates from the Public Health Agency of Canada and proactively implementing new precautionary safety measures wherever and whenever possible. We will transparently communicate updates with you via this web page, email, and our social media channels.
Our vibrant community is the backbone of our company — it defines who we are and how we operate. Like any strong community, we look out for one another.
Commitment to the health, safety, and wellbeing of our valued community are top-of-mind at WFCC. With this, we are making important changes to daily operations at our facilities upon reopening, outlined below. This is just the beginning, and we will continue to adapt and improve as government safety guidelines evolve.
We are all in this together, and need to work together to keep everyone - in our community and beyond - as safe as possible.
REOPENING TIMELINE & MEMBERSHIPS
Please note that our facilities remain closed. Given the rapidly-evolving nature of the situation, we are unable to provide a specific timeline for reopening and membership processing at this time. We will, however, provide as much notice as possible via email, text, and social media.
We understand your concern about memberships at this time. As of March 16th, membership payments are on freeze. We are also currently unable to process any changes to memberships per our temporary closure. Your membership payments will NOT resume until Ontario and our facilities reopen.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROCESS
- Staff to use disinfectants Virex II, Oxivir plus and Germilex GP proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all areas, including
- Studios, gym floor, locker room, washrooms and reception area
- Staff will disinfect high touch surfaces such as:
- Doorknobs, handles, rails, light switches, sanitizing stations, lockers, bathrooms, sinks, toilets, benches, locker keys, bikes, weights, bars, the front desk, keyboards, computers, phones, and instructor equipment
- Staff will be required to wear gloves during their shift, and encouraged to wear masks. After deep cleaning, they'll wash their hands before refreshing gloves and masks as needed
- Electrostatic spray will be used on all surfaces during our after-hours deep clean
STAFF HEALTH CHECK PROCESS
- Before every shift, staff will be required to check in with the manager
- Temperatures of every staff member will be checked upon arrival
- If any staff member exhibits any symptoms of illness, they will be asked to stay home
- If any staff member has travelled, been recently diagnosed with COVID-19 or has come in contact with someone who has tested positive, they will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days
MEMBER HEALTH CHECK PROCESS
- Before check in, please self-assess how you are feeling. If you are feeling unwell please do not enter the gym
- Temperatures of every member will be checked upon arrival
- All members will be required to wear gloves, and encouraged to wear masks when possible.
- Masks and gloves will be available for purchase daily at the front desk. $2 for a pair of gloves and $1 for a mask
- If any member exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, they will politely be asked to go home
- If any member has travelled, been recently diagnosed with COVID-19, or has come in contact with someone who has tested positive, they will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days before coming back into the gym
- We are encouraging all of our members to download the Womens Fitness Club Of Canada App and set up your barcode. This will minimize interactions with the receptionist on duty.
- Search "Womens Fitness Clubs of Canada" on your smartphone app store. Once you've downloaded the app to your device, enter your location's number + 0's before your membership #. Membership # must be a 6-digit code. Insert 0's after your club # if needed. Location numbers: Promenade 1 | Ajax 2 | Pickering 3 | Burlington 4 | Richmond Hill 5
- No cash payments will be accepted
- We will be removing access to the following amenities during our initial phase of re-opening:
- Daycare, sauna, showers, razors, Q-tips, hair ties, complimentary locks
- We will be installing additional hand sanitizer stations throughout all of our facilities
- All classes will have a 50% reduction in capacity to allow for space to practice social distancing
- All classes sign-ups will be advanced registration online
- All class times will be cut to 45 mins, to allow for 15 mins to clean equipment at the end of class
- If exercise equipment is required during a class, you will be assigned the equipment and it will remain in your personal space for the duration of the class
- If you won't be able to attend a class you have signed up for please cancel your booking so our members can participate in the class
- Once the studio door closes we will not allow late members in
- Trainers will be required to wear masks and gloves at all times
- Trainers will be required to practice social distancing to the best of their abilities
SOCIAL DISTANCING PRACTICES
- To ensure safe social distancing is being practiced, the following changes will be made:
- Select cardio machines will have signs reading 'this machine is social distancing' to ensure recommended spacing is in place
- Large floor decals identifying space designated for members
- Every other locker will be blocked off
- Staff will do their best to assist members while practicing social distancing
ONLINE CLASSES & SOCIAL MEDIA
- We are continuing to look for ways to improve our at home offerings and will provide you with updates as soon as they are available
- We also recommend following us on Instagram @womensfitnessofficial for motivational fitness content, and staying connected with our community via the #WeAreWFCC hashtag
- Please make sure to practice social distancing and follow the markers placed around the gym
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the gym
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the gym for 14 days
- To ensure the effectiveness of the above changes, we all need to make sure we do our part. The safety and well-being of every member and our staff is paramount and no one person is above the rules
- In the event that there is a reported case of COVID-19 at your location and you were potentially in contact with the individual, you will be notified immediately. We will take the proper safety precautions to thoroughly disinfect the facility.
We ask all of our members to respect the new rules being put in place for your own consideration, as well as fellow members, the WFCC team, and the greater community. Look out for one another - keep each other accountable and safe!
Let's come back even stronger.
We are all in this together - #WeAreWFCC!
To our valued members and community:
We want to extend a heartfelt thank you for the outpour of love and supportive messages we have received in recent days. We are moved by your patience, kindness, and compassion, especially during these trying times.
Since the last few days have been a whirlwind for all, we wanted to provide a quick refresher of what is currently happening at WFCC:
- Our content department is working to provide you with fun, informative, and engaging content to continue your WFCC Fitness Journey from home. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for live workshops, at-home workouts, immunity-boosting nutrition tips, and more. In the meantime, catch up on our blog's fitness challenges, #WFCCFitnessJourney stories, and healthy recipes!
- As of March 16th at 6 PM, all locations have temporarily closed and all membership payments have been placed on hold. Prepaid memberships will have extended time applied accordingly. Changes to membership agreements will not be processed at this time.
- After several member and community inquiries, we reached out via email about ways to support our WFCC team members who are temporarily without work for the duration of the closure. Whether you responded with a supportive message or offered to contribute to our Employee Relief Fund, we want to extend a huge thank you to each and every one of you for your thoughtful acts of kindness.
- We heard your questions regarding the structure of our Employee Relief Fund, and we are here to answer them! Here's how it will work: every two weeks all departments will share the Employee Relief Fund allowance that you generously provided for your home club. 100% of the contributions will go towards assisting our team who are temporarily without work due to the COVID-19 closures. We at WFCC will do our best to figure out the best way to distribute it on your behalf. We will ensure that each employee from every department will receive something, however, we understand that our front line service providers have formed the most connections with you, and for that reason, will receive a greater amount of the pool (this includes receptionists, group exercise instructors and personal trainers who you know by name).
- Should you wish to support our Employee Relief fund, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your membership number and home club, along with the amount you authorize us to process, and we will enroll you in the program. We do not take any of your efforts to help lightly, and we collectively thank you for your support.
- Continued updates will be sent via email, posted on social media, and on our COVID-19 Safety Measures web page. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any questions or concerns - we're here for you!
As this virus has echoed, every individual action, no matter how seemingly big or small, has a powerful impact on all. We said it before, and we will say it again: we will get through this together and come back even stronger. In the meantime, let's stay safe and enjoy the process of connecting in new (socially distanced) ways!
Yours in good health,
The Womens Fitness Clubs of Canada team - #WeAreWFCC
As you have learned, we have made the difficult but responsible decision to close our doors to do our part in the battle against COVID-19 transmissions. As we move forward with this decision, many thoughtful members have reached out to ask how they can assist our staff during these unchartered times.
It is a difficult request to make, but on behalf of our hardworking team, we humbly ask that you allow us to continually process your payment beginning this Friday, March 20th. The entirety of your payment will go directly to our Employee Relief Fund to assist our staff who will be without employment during this temporary closure. We can also process an alternative amount at your request. Should you wish to contribute to our Employee Relief Fund, please send an email to email@example.com with your membership number and home club, along with the amount you authorize us to process, and we will enroll you in the program. Should you enroll, the payments will begin this Friday, March 20th and will continue every two weeks until you wish to stop.
We understand that this is a very personal decision, and that in some cases the want is there but the means may not be. Whether you decide to contribute or not, we respect your decision and thank you for your continued support.
Our hope is that a sense of normalcy will return soon. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience, kindness, and compassion. We will get through this together and come back even stronger.
Yours in good health,
The Womens Fitness Clubs of Canada team - #WeAreWFCC
To our valued members:
As March 15th, COVID-19 has been declared a serious public health risk by Canada Public Health. With this new knowledge, and after much careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close all of our locations, effective 6 PM Monday, March 16th.
We ultimately feel that this is the healthiest choice to protect the wellbeing of our valued members, our wonderful team, and our global community as a whole.
We understand that you will likely have several questions on how we are navigating this situation. We, too, are handling the situation as it develops, and will transparently provide updates and stay connected with you via email, our website , and social media channels (linked below).
For now, here are key points:
- Members will be able to pick up any articles from lockers until 6 PM Monday, March 16th. All classes are cancelled.
- All membership payments will be placed on hold. Prepaid memberships will have extended time applied accordingly. Changes to membership agreements will not be processed at this time.
- Please note that we are currently experiencing a higher than normal volume of inquiries. We hear your feedback and questions, and we will connect with you as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience during this unchartered time.
- We will remain temporarily closed until we are confident that re-opening is safe for all, with confirmation from the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- We encourage you to please seek information regarding the virus from reliable sources, such as The Canadian Public Health Agency and local public health departments.
We wish everyone well as we navigate this complex, ever-evolving landscape together. Take care of yourself. Support one another. We are all in this together - #WeAreWFCC .
Yours in good health,
The Womens Fitness Clubs of Canada team
Your health, safety, and comfort are our top priorities at Womens Fitness Clubs of Canada. With new information surrounding #COVID-19, we have decided to further increase special safety measures at all of our locations.
At each Womens Fitness Clubs of Canada location we are now embracing social distancing in the following ways...
- Enforcing a spacing rule throughout our facilities, including group fitness classes and our gym equipment areas
- Reducing our group fitness class sizes to provide sufficient spacing to respect the social distancing recommendations by the Public Health Agency of Canada
- Requesting that all members allow one free machine between them and their fellow members. Let's give everyone a little more space to work out comfortably during these times
Additionally, we are...
- Directing cleaners to use hospital-grade cleaning solution daily, multiple times per day
- Continuing to add more sanitizers and cleaning stations
- Diligently following recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada, including encouraging all staff and members to follow proper hygiene practices such as regular handwashing with soap and water (available at all of our clubs)
- Meticulously monitoring updates from the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Partaking in regular inspections conducted by public health inspectors to ensure our facilities are going above and beyond standard recommendations
Here’s what you can do...
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Soap and water are available at all of our locations
- If you have workout gloves, please wear them
- Use the provided industry-grade cleaning solutions and paper towels to sanitize exercise equipment after each and every use
- Be mindful of physical contact with others. (Shaking hands, high-fives, etc.)
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
- Refrain from sharing water bottles and beverages
- If you need to cough or sneeze, cover it using a tissue and properly dispose of it immediately. If a tissue is unavailable, cough or sneeze into the bend of your elbow rather than your hand
- Regularly clean your phone, smartwatch, and any other frequently used mobile devices
- If you are feeling unwell, avoid contact with others and stay at home. Speak to a healthcare professional if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms
- Stay informed by following the Public Health Agency of Canada and Ontario Ministry of Health's websites for updates
- Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the virus, use The Public Health Agency of Canada’s special COVID-19 information line at 1-833-784-4397
We are here for you during times of uncertainty and will do all that we can to help you feel as comfortable as possible within our facilities and special communities. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your club's manager.
Yours in good health,
The Womens Fitness Clubs of Canada team - #WeAreWFCC
We appreciate your thoughtful messages and understand that there are many questions during this time of uncertainty. Should you have any additional questions regarding WFCC’s safety measures and club operations, please do not hesitate to contact your home club’s manager via phone or email, or visit our Contact Us page.
For general questions regarding COVID-19 please use The Public Health Agency of Canada’s COVID-19 information line at 1-833-784-4397.